A cheeky and playful design Antipatico features the iconic face of Piero Fornasetti’s muse Lina Cavalieri - on one side winking and on the other poking out her tongue. Lina was an internationally renowned artist who lived at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries and famous as ‘the most beautiful woman in the world’. Piero never met Lina but considered her face a quintessential image of classical beauty and as a result her enigmatic look has become the centrepiece of Piero’s longest lasting theme with nearly 400 variations. Filled with the distinctive Otto fragrance, Antipatico is guaranteed to fill your home with both scent and style.
A wonderfully warm, smoky and sophisticated scent that captures the spirit of Barnaba Fornasetti both at work and home. This signature fragrance combines wild and aromatic Mediterranean herbs once grown throughout the grounds of the Fornasetti family home in Milan, together with the distinctive scent of sun-warmed Orris, Cedarwood and Birch which Fornasetti favoured to create his iconic furniture and art. Laced with swirls of perfumed incense, Otto is a truly timeless and unique scent that gently fills the air with a sense of familiarity, tradition and nostalgia.
Top: Thyme, Lavender
Heart: Orris, Cedarwood
Base: Tolu Balsam, Incense, Birch, Labdanum
HOW TO USE?
1. When burning for the first time trim the wick to around 5 mm and burn until the surface wax melts completely.
2. Burn the candle for a maximum of two to three hours at a time to reach optimum diffusion of the scent.
3. After blowing out the flame, if necessary centre the wick in the liquid wax.
4. It is essential to cut the wick short before relighting the candle to avoid unnecessary smoke.
5. Do not place the candle in a wind draught or directly on a wooden, glass or marble surface.
6. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
7. Never move or tip a burning a candle.
8. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Please note that the flaking of the vegetal wax may happen if temperature varies. This does not affect the quality of the burn and will correct itself after the first burning.
ABOUT THE BRAND
An accomplished painter, sculptor, interior decorator and printer of books, Piero Fornasetti was a visionary whose work transformed the decorative arts scene of the 20th century. Continuing his family’s tradition, son Barnaba and perfumer Olivier Polge have created evocative home fragrances, beautifully housed in handcrafted ceramic vessels dressed in all the famous Fornasetti motifs.