Bearing the enigmatic face of Piero Fornasetti’s muse Lina Cavalieri – the subject of his iconic series “Tema e Variazioni” (Themes and Variations) – ‘Flor di Lina’ features a kaleidoscope of colourful flowers and butterflies found within the grounds of the Fornasetti house in Milan. Lina was an internationally renowned artist who lived at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries and famous as ‘the most beautiful woman in the world’. Piero never met Lina but considered her face a quintessential image of classical beauty and as a result her enigmatic look has become the centrepiece of Piero’s longest lasting theme with nearly 400 variations. Filled with the beautiful Flora fragrance, Flor di Lina is guaranteed to fill your home with both scent and style.
Inspired by the lush garden flora which surrounds the Fornasetti house in Milan, and the floral imagery created by Piero Fornasetti, Flora is a fresh, elegant blend bursting with the familiar scent of Iris, Jasmine and Tuberose weaved effortlessly together with Lily of the Valley and trailing green Ivy. This unmistakable combination of flowers and foliage floats through the air like a beautiful spring bouquet.
Top: Ivy, Lily of the Valley, White Rose
Heart: Iris, Orange Blossom, Jasmine
Base: Tuberose, Sandalwood, Musk
HOW TO USE?
1. When burning for the first time trim the wick to around 5 mm and burn until the surface wax melts completely.
2. Burn the candle for a maximum of two to three hours at a time to reach optimum diffusion of the scent.
3. After blowing out the flame, if necessary centre the wick in the liquid wax.
4. It is essential to cut the wick short before relighting the candle to avoid unnecessary smoke.
5. Do not place the candle in a wind draught or directly on a wooden, glass or marble surface.
6. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
7. Never move or tip a burning a candle.
8. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Please note that the flaking of the vegetal wax may happen if temperature varies. This does not affect the quality of the burn and will correct itself after the first burning.
ABOUT THE BRAND
An accomplished painter, sculptor, interior decorator and printer of books, Piero Fornasetti was a visionary whose work transformed the decorative arts scene of the 20th century. Continuing his family’s tradition, son Barnaba and perfumer Olivier Polge have created evocative home fragrances, beautifully housed in handcrafted ceramic vessels dressed in all the famous Fornasetti motifs.