Bearing the enigmatic face of Piero Fornasetti’s muse Lina Cavalieri – the subject of his iconic series “Tema e Variazioni” (Themes and Variations) – Flora celebrates the mythical fertility goddess and decorated with the scented blooms found within the grounds of the Fornasetti house in Milan. Lina was an internationally renowned artist who lived at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries and famous as ‘the most beautiful woman in the world’. Piero never met Lina but considered her face a quintessential image of classical beauty and as a result her enigmatic look has become the centrepiece of Piero’s longest lasting theme with nearly 400 variations.
Inspired by the lush garden flora which surrounds the Fornasetti house in Milan, and the floral imagery created by Piero Fornasetti, Flora is a fresh, elegant blend bursting with the familiar scent of Iris, Jasmine and Tuberose weaved effortlessly together with Lily of the Valley and trailing green Ivy. This unmistakable combination of flowers and foliage floats through the air like a beautiful spring bouquet.
Top: Ivy, Lily of the Valley, White Rose
Heart: Iris, Orange Blossom, Jasmine
Base: Tuberose, Sandalwood, Musk
HOW TO USE?
1. Place the incense stick in the hole in the ceramic lid.
2. Light the tip of the incense stick and then blow out the flame.
3. Only burn the incense stick in the holder provided.
4. Do not leave burning unattended.
5. Do not burn on an unprotected surface or near flammable objects.
6. Take care to avoid contact with skin or eyes.
7. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
8. Do not ingest.
9. Keep stored in a cool dry place.
ABOUT THE BRAND
An accomplished painter, sculptor, interior decorator and printer of books, Piero Fornasetti was a visionary whose work transformed the decorative arts scene of the 20th century. Continuing his family’s tradition, son Barnaba and perfumer Olivier Polge have created evocative home fragrances, beautifully housed in handcrafted ceramic vessels dressed in all the famous Fornasetti motifs.