Master perfumer Olivier Polge collaborated with Fornasetti to create the label's signature 'Otto' scent. Inspired by Mediterranean herbs, this vegetable wax candle is infused with top notes of fragrant Lavender and Thyme, gently fading to a spicy heart of Orris and Cedarwood and finishing with deep, lingering aromas of Tolu Balsam, Incense, Birch and Labdanum. It's encased in a polished ceramic vessel featuring the red-lipped smile of opera singer and muse Lina Cavalieri.
HOW TO USE?
1. When burning for the first time trim the wick to around 5 mm and burn until the surface wax melts completely.
2. Burn the candle for a maximum of two to three hours at a time to reach optimum diffusion of the scent.
3. After blowing out the flame, if necessary centre the wick in the liquid wax.
4. It is essential to cut the wick short before relighting the candle to avoid unnecessary smoke.
5. Do not place the candle in a wind draught or directly on a wooden, glass or marble surface.
6. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
7. Never move or tip a burning a candle.
8. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Please note that the flaking of the vegetal wax may happen if temperature varies. This does not affect the quality of the burn and will correct itself after the first burning.
ABOUT THE BRAND
An accomplished painter, sculptor, interior decorator and printer of books, Piero Fornasetti was a visionary whose work transformed the decorative arts scene of the 20th century. Continuing his family’s tradition, son Barnaba and perfumer Olivier Polge have created evocative home fragrances, beautifully housed in handcrafted ceramic vessels dressed in all the famous Fornasetti motifs.